GENERAL REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- "Registration form": Online questionnaire to be completed at the time of registration.
- "Member": A person who is registered on the relationship programme, who has accepted these general terms and conditions and has opened an account on the Michelin site.
- "Offer": Offer to participate and/or purchase products and services, which is made by a Partner, and which Michelin selects and communicates to Members via email, or which is directly accessible on the relationship programme website. Such Offers fall into four benefit categories: (i) invitations to one-off events, (ii) flash sales offered by the Partner, (iii) access to an online community, enabling Members to engage in a dialogue between enthusiasts and experts, (iv) long-term benefits.
- "Opt-in": For Members, acceptance, at the time of registration, of the opportunity to receive the Offers associated with the relationship programme.
- "Partner(s)": Company(ies) selected by Michelin, who present and accept responsibility for information and for relationship and commercial offers made to Members under the relationship programme.
2.1. Online registration on the relationship programme allows Members to access a range of Offers presented by MICHELIN. The Offers may include services offered by the Partners.
2.2. There is no charge for registration on the relationship programme.
2.3. Members remain responsible for their own connection costs at the time of registration and during the entire term of the relationship programme.
3. Conditions of registration on the relationship programme:
3.1. The application to register on the relationship programme is made using the online registration form on the Michelin website at www.michelin.co.uk
3.2. When Members register on the relationship programme, they agree to receive email alerts relating to Offers of the benefits subscribed to. Information emails detailing the current status and new features of the relationship programme will be sent to Members from time to time.
3.3. Members may edit their registration at any time by supplementing or altering their original choice (see "10 - Deactivation and deregistration").
3.4. Members vouch for the accuracy of all the information they provide, and take sole responsibility for any incorrect, incomplete or obsolete details. Members must keep all the information they provided at the time of registration up to date.
3.5. Michelin and the Partners may not be held liable if the address or other information has not been updated or is incorrect.
3.6. Michelin reserves the right to check the accuracy of any of the information that Members have provided and to request proof.
3.7. Memberships relate to a named person, and are non-transferable.
4. Period of validity of the registration
The registration is valid for a period of 36 months from the registration date.
5. Benefits of the relationship programme
The relationship programme allows Members to receive offers to participate and/or to purchase products and services, as follows:
- Invitations to (free or chargeable) events, mainly involving autosport/motosport competitions, sport in general and cultural events, which are selected by Michelin and offered by the Partners.
The invitations may be free or chargeable, for one or more persons, depending on the offer in question, and are available in one of the following 3 options: Ticket(s) alone, Ticket(s) + VIP admission, Premium Package.
Any payments are made direct to the Partners.
- Long-term benefits offered by the Partners for a fixed term, such as long-term reductions or special prices for products and services.
- Flash sales of products or services, which are selected by Michelin and offered to Members by the Partners.
6. "Purchaser Member" benefits
Complementary benefits such as additional services, special offers, more attractive rates, may be offered to any Member who declares that they havehaving purchased at least 2 Michelin tyres for their own vehicle in the last 3 years. The Member in question will enjoy these complementary benefits for a period not exceeding 36 months from the date of purchase of the tyres in question, irrespective of the date on which they registered on the relationship programme.
The Member declares the purchase on the questionnaire or during an update, thereby triggering their "Purchaser Member" status.
7. Access to a community
Michelin may offer Members the opportunity to join a community that establishes a dialogue between enthusiasts and experts in the world of cars, motorbikes and competitive sport.
8.1. All the Offers made are subject to the general and special terms and conditions of the Partners. The Partners remain fully liable for the content of their Offers, their quality and their fulfilment .
8.2. Michelin is liable only for the selection and presentation of the Offers in question.
8.3. Members must address any complaint in relation to the Offers directly to the Partners.
9.1. Modification, suspension or closure of the relationship programme
MICHELIN may modify, suspend or close the relationship programme at any time, provided it informs Members through any channels and gives them 3 months' notice; it will not be required to justify its decision.
The list of Partners selected by Michelin may change over time. Michelin may modify the list of Partners on the relationship programme at any time, without being required to justify its decision or inform Members. The updated list of selected Partners is available at www.michelin.co.uk
9.2. Keeping Members informed
Members may view any changes to these general terms and conditions of registration at www.michelin.co.uk
10. Deactivation and deregistration
10.1. Michelin reserves the right to deactivate the account of any Member who has been inactive for a consecutive period of 6 months.
10.2. Any Member may fully or partially deregister themselves, using the deregistration link on the Michelin website (in their own account area) or in any email that Michelin sends to the Member in question.
11. Right to access, modify or remove personal details:
Michelin Tyre plc and Manufacture Française des Pneumatiques Michelin (the parent company of Michelin Tyre plc) shall be joint data controllers for the purposes of independently determining the process and means of processing any Data collected from any UK based Member of the relationship programme.
Under the French Data Protection Act ("loi Informatique et Libertés") of 6 January 1978, as amended by the law of 6 August 2004 and subsequent legal texts, all Members of the relationship programme have the right to access, correct, modify and remove their personal details. They also have the right to object to their personal details being processed, and may exercise that right without providing justification.
Any Member wishing to exercise their rights and to be sent a copy of their personal details held by Michelin, or to object to their information being processed, may write to Michelin at the following address:
Manufacture Française des Pneumatiques Michelin
Service Consommateurs Michelin
Place des Carmes-Déchaux
63040 CLERMONT-FERRAND CEDEX 9
12. Governing law
These general terms and conditions are governed by French law.