We are at the forefront of electric mobility.
Safety made to last.
The MICHELIN Primacy 4 tyre is designed for safety made to last, providing you with peace of mind for the ultimate driving experience, while being the #1 tyre for longevity in its category.
• MICHELIN'S latest generation, high safety tyre
• Safety made to last with consistent and excellent wet braking performance
• #1 for longevity compared to competitors
• Greater fuel efficiency and 20% more mileage than previous generation
• MICHELIN's premium tyre for everyday performance: commuting or long family journeys
MICHELIN EverGrip Technologies feature the latest generation high performance rubber compound providing excellent wet braking performance. A safety orientated, optimized sculptured tread gives 22% more space to evacuate water even in the harshest of weather and terrain settings and in all seasons, even when worn. Drive with confidence throughout the life of the tyre, safe in the knowledge that you and your passengers are protected.
MICHELIN Primacy 4 has the best longevity compared to its competitors thanks to an optimized Contact Patch which distributes tyre pressure and heat more evenly to prevent and limit tyre wear. A highly abrasion resistant compound ensures even tyre wear for high mileage.
The tread on MICHELIN tyres has the traction to keep the vehicle glued to the road for maximum control when driving and the innovative treadwear indicator is a great help to determine if your tyre is still usable on the road. MICHELIN Primacy 4 delivers 20% more mileage than the MICHELIN Primacy 3 tyre.
Standard Limited Warranty
Standard Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
All MICHELIN tyres have a Standard Manufacturer's Limited Warranty which covers defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original usable tyre tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
Unverified review: Review submitted by a User where the consumption experience (purchase or use of the Product) has not been verified by Michelin or its Service Provider.
Just replaced my second set of primacy 4 at 29000 miles old set worn down to 3mm still with good grip and economy
I had worn out the Primacy 3ST prior to having the Michelin Primacy 4 on my 2006 Honda Accord Euro. Before that, it was Bridgestone Re040 and Potenza S01. Whilst these are all top-tier tyres, an immediate perception of both Michelins (3ST and 4) is the smoothness of the ride and quietness on the road. Braking is sure-footed in the dry and wet. I am no performance nut but the Primary 4 handles extremely well in everyday driving. The Michelins are slightly more expensive but for my tyre size, the difference was really quite minimal and more than offset by the confidence and ownership satisfaction. The 3ST lasted well beyond 6 years (~75,000km) and I am hoping the 4 will perform similarly as it is the newer iteration of that family of the tyre. Good job, Michelin, I am a convert.
Michelin has been my choice of tyres since the late 70's and the PRIMACY 4 is no exception. I feel very safe on the road with these tyres. Car always handles great with excellent grip on the road. High speed, low speed no problem, they give a great ride.
Purchasing these tyres has been a great decision. Fantasic wear-life, excellent in the wet, great feel, low noise.
I had these they where good I long lasting wanted to replace them with the same by that time huge price increase. could no longer justify
(1) - long-lasting performance - New and Worn (worn means worn on machine (buffed) to the depth of Tread Wear Indicator according to European regulation for Tread wear indicator ECE R30r03f), on 205/55 R16 91V MICHELIN PRIMACY 4, is above the R117 European regulation wet grip threshold.
(2) - wet braking performance with new tyre - MICHELIN Primacy 4 is rated "A" or "B" on the Wet Grip Item of the European labelling scale.
(3) - wet braking performance with worn tyre - Wet braking test, conducted by TÜV SÜV Product Service on Michelin's request, between 80 and 20 kph, June-July 2017, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V on VW Golf 7 comparing MICHELIN PRIMACY 4 versus CONTINENTAL PREMIUM CONTACT 5 ; DUNLOP BLURESPONSE ; GOODYEAR EFFICIENT GRIP PERFORMANCE ; PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 BLUE competitors.
(4) - longevity - Test conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTER, on Michelin's request, June-July 2017, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V on VW Golf 7 comparing MICHELIN PRIMACY 4 versus CONTINENTAL PREMIUM CONTACT 5 ; DUNLOP BLURESPONSE ; GOODYEAR EFFICIENT GRIP PERFORMANCE ; PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 BLUE competitors. Longevity test run in average real usage (D50) with 10.000 km run and extrapolated longevity at 1.6mm.
(5) - fuel efficiency - Rolling Resistance test conducted by TÜV SÜV Product Service, on Michelin's request, June-July 2017, on dimension 225/45 R17 94W. MICHELIN Primacy 4 generates 11% rolling resistance less than MICHELIN Primacy 3.
(6) - more mileage - Test conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTER, on Michelin's request, June-July 2017, on dimension 225/45 R17 94W on VW Golf 7 comparing MICHELIN PRIMACY 4 versus MICHELIN Primacy 3.
(7) - more space to evacuate water - On the full sculpture, compared to the standard sculpture of MICHELIN Primacy 3 when worn.
(8) - 2020 ADAC test winner - Comparative testing done by ADAC, in size 235/55 R17, published in February 2020: MICHELIN Primacy 4 tyre was awarded with the best note in overall performance during. Longevity: best grade awarded to MICHELIN Primacy 4 as well as Semperit Speed-Life 2 SUV, Continental Eco Contact 6 and ESA+Tecar Spirit Pro.